Gum disease treatment
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, requires prompt and effective treatment to preserve oral health. At Valley Oak Family Dentistry, our experienced dental team is dedicated to providing comprehensive gum disease treatment, ensuring the well-being of your gums and teeth.
Key Components of Gum Disease Treatment:
- Thorough Examination:
- Our process begins with a comprehensive examination to assess the extent of gum disease. This may involve visual inspection, measuring pocket depths, and X-rays for a detailed view of the condition.
- Scaling and Root Planing:
- For early-stage gum disease (gingivitis), professional dental cleaning, including scaling and root planing, is performed. This process involves removing plaque and tartar from the tooth surfaces and smoothing the root surfaces to promote gum reattachment.
- Antibacterial Agents:
- Antibacterial mouthwashes or gels may be prescribed to control infection and promote healing. These agents help reduce harmful bacteria in the oral cavity.
- Education on Oral Hygiene:
- Patient education is integral. We provide guidance on effective oral hygiene practices, including proper brushing and flossing techniques to maintain optimal gum health at home.
- Lifestyle and Dietary Recommendations:
- Lifestyle factors, such as smoking, and dietary choices can impact gum health. Our team may offer recommendations for positive lifestyle changes to support the treatment’s success.
- Periodic Follow-ups:
- Regular follow-up appointments are scheduled to monitor progress, make adjustments to the treatment plan if necessary, and ensure the continued health of your gums.
Advanced Treatments for Severe Cases:
In advanced stages of gum disease, more intensive treatments may be required, such as:
- Flap Surgery:
- For pockets of significant depth, flap surgery may be recommended. This involves lifting the gums to remove tartar deposits and reduce pocket depths, promoting gum reattachment.
- Bone Grafts:
- In cases where bone loss has occurred, bone grafts may be performed to regenerate lost bone tissue and support the teeth.
- Soft Tissue Grafts:
- Soft tissue grafts are utilized to reinforce thinning gums and cover exposed tooth roots.
Why Choose Valley Oak Family Dentistry for Gum Disease Treatment:
- Expertise and Experience:
- Our skilled dental professionals have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating gum disease at various stages.
- Patient-Centric Care:
- Valley Oak Family Dentistry prioritizes patient comfort and provides personalized care throughout the treatment process.
- Comprehensive Approach:
- We take a comprehensive approach, addressing the root cause of gum disease and tailoring treatments to individual needs.
If you suspect gum disease or are in need of gum health maintenance, schedule a consultation with Valley Oak Family Dentistry. Our dedicated team is here to guide you through effective gum disease treatment, promoting lasting oral health.